Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Dear YSL, haven't we seen this before?

Fashion has been so, well, uninspiring lately.

It seems YSL has no imagination this spring.


Hasn't all this been done before?

I mean, I see some 90's Tom Ford for Gucci in there, Ann Demeulmeester, even Nolan Miller ( gasp! ).



Rude yes, but c'est la vie.

With fashion week fast approaching, fiscally sensible fashionistas are desperately seeking DIYs.

With the exception of Isabel Marant, there is a severe deficit in Do It Yourself runway re-designs...

...which led me to a new low.

While I was researching and re-searching Spring SS/13 collections, then Fall 2012, Spring 2012 and so on, I ended up as far back as Alexander Wang's Fall 2008 collection before I even got excited.

Wearing 2008 in 2013?

Normally, that's never the look.


But I meeeeaaaaannnnnn look at this sweatshirt!

It has a whole new meaning with the lack of imagination in couture today.

It's so unchic ( because it's 2008 ), it's actually chic again.

Which I predict will be the new chic at Fashion Week.

I think I'm on to something here.


Rachel Weiz in Rodarte Vogue 2008. Sexy,

soft and spiky.

Rodarte X Christian Loubotuin heels...


I have no idea who you are, what you're wearing today or whether or not your iphone is white ( a plus ), but if you are looking for designer DIYs, seasons past is where it's at.

Trussssst.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...